Skip to main content
Question

Unable to connect internet on SVG2482AC

• 26 August 2024
  • 7 replies

There is no way to contact surfboard except for your website. 

Your website is NOT helpful. 

Nothing except plenty of ads for new products. 

Support the one's that you distributed already!!

You need live tech support if you are going to sell inferior products that DO NOT connect to the internet!

Do not purchase if you have Xfinity..

I never did connect after hours with Xfinity tech support!

I apologize for the inconvenience. I would request to activate the modem through self-activation on the Xfinity app.

After activation, I would suggest changing the Wi-Fi credentials to access the internet.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SVG2482AC-First-Time-Installation

If you are experiencing any issue, I would request to visit www.arris.com/consumersupport for further assistance.

I agree with everything cheryl1556 said. 

I wish I would’ve known that before I purchased this product.  It would’ve saved me the hassle of returning this equipment.

Without live tech support, this is useless. How can I go to the internet for support when I can’t get internet access? Over 1.5 hours on the phone with Xfinity.

Ridiculous

cheryl1556

call the Arris number below. I called them and I was online in a matter of minutes. After over 2 hours and 3 separate calls with Xfinity.

Good luck,

www.arris.com/consumersupport.

I’ve had my SVG2482AC for JUST over 2yrs, and found that CAN get live tech support IF I buy it. I MUST have a warranty plan to get a 20 second answer. I bought this product from Best Buy. I told them I have Xfinity, and that led me to this thing. Because of my employer, I NEED to change the DNS server from Comcast (.75.75.75.75) to ours. BUT I can’t find a way to do so. I think it’s LOCKED to Xfinity. BUT the Arris tech support guru told me that he would tell me exactly how to login and change the DNS servers to what I want AFTER I pay. When I pay, then he says, “I don’t think it can be done, but you can check with the “community” and see if someone there knows another way. Thank you for purchasing a $90 warranty.” A warranty that I CANNOT use to solve my problem. Worst experience EVER. So, if ANYONE knows HOW to change the fricken WIFI DNS server setting FROM Comcast, PLEASE HELP. 

I’ve had my SVG2482AC for JUST over 2yrs, and found that CAN get live tech support IF I buy it. I MUST have a warranty plan to get a 20 second answer. I bought this product from Best Buy. I told them I have Xfinity, and that led me to this thing. Because of my employer, I NEED to change the DNS server from Comcast (.75.75.75.75) to ours. BUT I can’t find a way to do so. I think it’s LOCKED to Xfinity. BUT the Arris tech support guru told me that he would tell me exactly how to login and change the DNS servers to what I want AFTER I pay. When I pay, then he says, “I don’t think it can be done, but you can check with the “community” and see if someone there knows another way. Thank you for purchasing a $90 warranty.” A warranty that I CANNOT use to solve my problem. Worst experience EVER. So, if ANYONE knows HOW to change the fricken WIFI DNS server setting FROM Comcast, PLEASE HELP. 

If you want to change the DNS server, I suggest contacting Xfinity for further assistance.

I contacted Xfinity first, and they in turn told me to contact the maker of my modem/router, as they do not support foreign products. Arris etechnical support encouraged me to post in this forum. And now you're encouraging me to restart the cycle. 

Thank you at any rate.

There is no option to enable or change the DNS server On SVG2482AC.