Solved

Arris T25

• 19 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Here's my humorous situation. I'm not at home right now & I didn't take screenshots of my T25. I'm trying to find out the WiFi name & password so I can activate my Xfinity TV Flex box, landline & internet. I don't want to waste your time & no clue what the serial number is & whatnot. Left brochure w/ Arris customer service phone number at home. The other thing is I keep being misinformed what the proper Arris model is by Xfinity, Best Buy & Arris. Basically, I'm not the greatest techie, I need to at least verify the T25 will enable me to use my Xfinity Flex Box for my TV, my Xfinity landline & internet connection. I've purchased (3) Arris modems so far yet I keep jumping back & forth between Xfinity & Arris on the correct model. I can find out the Arris model I recently purchased from Amazon but I'd like to return it if the T25 serves my needs. I realize it's not your fault that I got stuck w/ (3) Arris modems so far. Rather humorous trying to sell my G36 as I can't even get $20 for a unit in perfect condition but I didn't install it within Amazon's 30 day return policy. I'm hoping to at least verify the T25 is correct. Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 19 December 2023, 17:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Well, T25 is a cable modem  SURFboard® DOCSIS® 3.1 Gigabit Modem for Xfinity Internet & Voice. It’s  a cable modem that doesn't have the feature of any Wi-Fi in it so we require an external device which will be likely a “Router” .

The Router provides a “Wi-Fi” connection with the Wi-Fi name and password.