Question

Firmware version for T25

• 19 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I found that my T25 has the following firmware:

Firmware Name:    TS11.02.057.12_092820_711.PC20.03
Firmware Build Time:    Mon Sep 28 17:37:14 EDT 2020

Three years seems awfully old. I contacted Comcast, and they supposedly pushed a firmware update, but I didn’t see a change.

Does anyone know what the latest firmware version is?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

The Cable Operators (MSOs) have complete control of what cable modem/gateway hardware they will allow installed and the firmware it uses, this is because they own the coaxial cable that is connected to the ARRIS (T25), because of that the Firmware updates are pushed by them, and any update needed as well. Any associated firmware updates are automatically deployed by the cable operator. This is not an ARRIS only implementation, but the required implementation of any cable device manufacturer. Even the latest firmware version details will be shared only by your Internet service provider.

Badge

I just spoke to one of the “advanced” people at Comcast, and he said that there are actually two sets of firmware in the modem - one that Comcast maintains (which is invisible from the administration page) and one that would be updated from Arris (the one visible in the administration page).

He found a web page alluding to the way that this would occur, but it didn’t have enough details to actually do it. I’m going to try calling Arris to see what can be done.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

He was just trying to get you off the phone. there isn’t any 2 versions. There might be a second one but it’d be one that xfinity has to certify.