Skip to main content
Question

Enable Wife on DG1670a

• 4 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I replaced my Arris DG1670a modem/router with a new one, purchased on Facebook Market, because WiFi stopped working a few days ago.  The new modem has the same issue.  Everything appears to be working correctly but in configuring the modem, the Enable Wifi check box is grayed out.  I can rename the SSID and create a new password, but will not enable wireless on either the 2.4 or 5G.  Also on reboot, the wifi lights come on and I was even able to connect, but it soon shuts down the wifi connections.  My internet service is through Spectrum.  Does anyone have an idea Enable wifi stays grayed out?

Well those modem/router combo devices were direct sold to ISP’s. they weren’t sold to individuals and for that reason the ISP is supposed to support them.

Maybe the ISP changed the firmware to disable features on them or quit supporting them. You’d have to contact your isp. 

From the fact that 2 different devices had the same issue on provisioning from your ISP, I’d highly be suspecting that. 

Thank you for the reply.  I have asked 2 different Spectrum reps, and they claim that because it is customer provided equipment, that they don’t do any special configuration on it, other than to register the device on their network.  But given the behavior of the device, it definitely seems like something in the firmware is controlling it.  Everything else on the modem seems to work just fine.  It is just the inability to enable wifi.  Frustrating… but I think I can work around it.

Go to 192.168.100.1:8080 in your browser window and enter cusadmin for the username and password for the password.

see if that login method lets you access any different features

Thank you for the reply recommending cusadmin for username.  Unfortunately, that did not open up any additional features.  I ended up just getting a wireless router to solve the wifi issue.  Spectrum has told me they do not do anything to control the wireless feature on customer owned equipment.  But something seems to have happened over the last few days to control the firmware.

Hope the stand alone router works well for you!