Question

G34 - Intermittent internet connection issues

• 15 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I bought this following product in Amazon on December 23, 2022.  Since I connected this modem,  I am using 5g and 2.4G wireless as well as Wired connections.

I receive intermittent internet interruptions,  Either I lose my internet or I get message on screen you are facing internet issues.  Don’t know how to connect it.  I verified channel bandwidth that is selected is 2.4 is on 20/40 and 5G is on 20/40/80 and dynamic channel selection disabled.

Can any one please help,  why I am getting this issue with internet.  This is causing serious problems when I am on calls audio is dragged.  When I am watching TV I see Connection Problem message very often.

Model I bought:  ARRIS Surfboard G34 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & Wi-Fi 6 Router (AX3000) | Approved for Comast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum & More | Four 1 Gbps Ports | 1 Gbps Max Internet Speeds | 2 Year Warranty

Software Image Name:AR01.04.028.01.01_040121_724.NCS.20.X2

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello mbhavaraju

We understand that you are having intermittent connection issue on Wi-Fi, we just need to know whether it is happening on 2.4 or 5G network. Basically, If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. 
Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity. So we would suggest you to try changing Wi-Fi channels will avoid interference and that will give better speed and connection. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below link, After changing Wi-Fi channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then we would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Let us know if this helps

Badge

Thanks I made these changes,  I will use it for some days and give you my input again.  So far,  I am seeing less interruptions.  But they are still there.. I will come to know after using it more…