Question

changing wifi name and password and unable to login SBC app on G36

• 17 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I need to change the default Wi-Fi names and passwords for my G36 router. When I go to the ARRIS login page (192 168.0.1), my login credentials are generating “invalid” message. As other individuals have said, I can see all of my network info on the screen at the login screen, I just can’t modify any of it because my email and password created through the app are not recognized.

The new SURFboard Central Manager app on my Android mobile phone is absolutely useless.

I’m able to get all the way through to the final step where the the Wi-Fi “should” be configured. But I continuously receive error messages that the Wi-Fi network can’t be configured.

I’ve unplugged all the cords from the device.

I’ve reset the device.

I’ve uninstalled the SURFboard Central Manager app from my phone, cleared the data and cache, and reinstalled the app.

I’ve reviewed instructions through ARRIS’ Customer Care site for the G36 device.

Nothing is helpful in solving the problem of not being able to access the Wi-Fi settings to change them.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case since you have already done setting up the surfbaord central app you can access modem GUI through the SBC app only. Surfboard manager app will not be compatible for Arris modem you have to use only the surfboard central application. If the modem has been reset then you can access modem GUI by following the steps mentioned on the article below or else you can setup the surfboard central app then you can access GUI of G36 from the app.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Wi-Fi-Cable-Modem-Setup

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Web-Manager-First-Time-Login

Badge

I was using the Surboard Central app, not the Surfboard Manager app.

At the Registering Your Device step, I received a message that the app couldn’t connect to internet or Wi-Fi -- despite the fact that my phone, laptop, and Fire TV Cube were all connected to Wi-Fi through the ARRIS gateway.

My ISP said everything was fine on their end, in terms of “seeing” the router as being online.

It got so frustrating that I stopped and tried the next morning (Monday). Miraculously, the app was connected to Wi-Fi to register the new ARRIS router gateway. I didn’t do anything different Monday morning compared to Sunday night.