Question

WD MyBook Live keeps being removed from LG WebTV - G36

Badge

I keep having an issue with my WD MyBook Live being seen/accessible on my LG WebTV within the Photo and Video display area of the TV.

I do notice that when the G36 is rebooting while I have the Photo and Video display up on the TV the WD MyBook live will display on the TV and I can access it for a short period of time, however it will then disappear and reappear again until the G36 has completed its reboot process.

It seems to me that there is likely a setting of some kind that is causing this behavior to occur.  I have played around with the settings and reset the unit several times, but I cannot track down the relevant settings and would appreciate help on what the likely cause is?

Also to note, there was one time a several months back that the WD MyBook Live showed up for about 1-month without interruption before all together disappearing again, (I have no idea what cause this change either way.)

My connection plan uses Xfinity high-speed into my G36, the WD MyBook is connected to a G36 port by a cat-8 cable, another cat-8 runs onto a TrendNET 8-port switch within another room, the LG WebTV also connects to this same switch using a cat-8.

The WD MyBook Live is using Twonky software (an older version of it) with a 4Tb HDD.  I can connect to it fine on another LG Smart TV in the living-room that uses a cat-8 connection to the G36; also I can connect to is from two different computers located in other rooms as a network location using cat-8 connections through the same TrendNET 8-port switch that the LG WebTV is connected to.

My G36 firmware ver. is: 01.04.028.01.01.NCS

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case we would suggest to check for the any update on the WD  or LG devices. We need to check on this case further so please give us some time and we will revert back to you once we get the proper details for this issue.

Badge

Thx...I would like to update Twonky, but have not been able to locate a new version for download along with w/ upgrade instructions in order to do so (any licensing issues that need to be considered too); due to the current verison not allowing for FF or RR and does not display thumbnails...my LGTV is up to date on its software.  The WD Live has been end of life for many years now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Based on the web search, software updates, and technical support for WD My Book Live are no longer provided, which could be causing the issue.

I suggest checking the LG tv through direct connection, instead of using switch.