Skip to main content

We purchased our Arris G36 in May, it worked great for a couple weeks and then our wifi began to drop once in awhile. Now our wifi on the Arris G36 constantly goes down, multiple times per day. The wired connection through the Arris G36 is uninterrupted when the wifi goes down. We have tried changing the wifi channel and then set it to automatic. We have reset the router to factory settings. We’ve run the diagnostic tools and checked the error logs, both show nothing. We use Ooma as our phone provider and it is plugged directly into the router and is not affected when the wifi goes down. It’s become so frustrating we’re ready to get rid of our Arris G36. 

Looks like we shouldn’t be expecting much from this company in terms of customer assistance.  I will NEVER recommend friends or family to buy any of their products if this is the level of customer support they think is acceptable. They have our money and our petty issues of their defective products doesn’t seem to be much concern to them.

Hi All,

After a few months of trying to get the Arris G36/34 to work, I found there is a new list of 'Recommended' devices for Xfinity internet plans that is different from the list of 'Compatible' devices. The G36/34 is not on the 'Recommended' List. I returned and got the Arris SBG8300, which is on the 'Recommended' list.

All issues disappeared with SBG8300, and internet works better than ever.

Hello lmdecker366

We do really apologize for the delayed response. Since you have done trying with all possible trouble shooting steps for your WIFI intermittent issue no need to repeat again, to check on this further we need to look for the cable signal level of your modem on the modem interface to confirm whether the downstream and upstream values are in accepted level to provide you proper connection. cable signal to the modem are send by your internet service provider so if the values are not in accepted level that needs to be corrected by your ISP for better service. So please do follow the steps mentioned on the below link to check the signal level.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels