Solved

Forgot Default admin password after changed

• 30 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I changed my Admin password from the default however i forgot my new username and password is there anyway to reset it?

icon

Best answer by plemans 16 March 2023, 20:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Damani

In this case there is no option to reset the login credentials on the modem interface or GUI so the only possible way to get the default login credential is to reset the modem completely. If you are using gateway which is the combination of modem and router, after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password to connect to your network. Please follow the steps mentioned on the article according to the respective modem model.

I change my admin password and now I forgot it how can I restore to default?

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

@Checkmaterc22 to restore it to defaults factory reset your device. Push and hold reset for 15 seconds while powered on

Badge

Hello Damani

In this case there is no option to reset the login credentials on the modem interface or GUI so the only possible way to get the default login credential is to reset the modem completely. If you are using gateway which is the combination of modem and router, after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password to connect to your network. Please follow the steps mentioned on the article according to the respective modem model.

Hello, like you said I can’t reset the login credentials on the modem interface or GUI. You said to reset the modem - how do I do that?