Question

SURFboard Central Error Code: 0015-1805 (redux) - W21

• 27 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I posted this question 3 months ago:

I recently changed phone from an iPhone XS Max to an iPhone 15 Pro Max. SURFboard Central was installed and working perfectly on my iPhone XS Max. When using SURFboard Central on my iPhone 15 Pro Max connected to my SURFboard Wi-Fi network I get the above error. The phone is connected to the Wi-Fi network. When I turn off cellular service I get the same error. If I choose Try Again I get the same error. If I choose Continue Onboarding I eventually get to a screen that says “To continue, manually connect to the (SURFboard-Onboarding) SSID through your mobile phone setting.” That SSID is not available and the phone is still connected to the SURFboard Wi-Fi network. How do I get out of this error loop without resetting my entire network and the several dozen devices connected to it?

I thought I had found a solution:

So I tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling it and connecting to my SURFboard S33 cable modem first. That worked and after entering my ARRIS account email I was able to connect to my W21 Mesh network, see and administer the entire network.

But I was too quick to post the “solution” as it does not work. While I can connect to my S33 modem and it shows my W21 WiFi router I cannot see anything on the network nor administer it:

If I go in and try to give the W21 my network name and password it times out. If I quit the app and restart it I’m back to the 0015-1805 error screen:

How do I fix this without rebuilding the entire network?

Martin

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case we would suggest you to remove the S33 device from the surfboard central app since this is just a cable modem and it doesn't have any advanced configurations so you can access modem setting using 192.168.100.1. You can just add W21 on the surfboard central app then start setup by following the steps mentioned below and also use the steps on the article to setup W21 with cable modem after removing S33 from SBC app.

Remove Device

1. Tap the Menu bar link on the top-left screen
  2. Tap the Remove Device button. 
  3. Tap the device to remove, then tap the Next button. 
  4. On the pop-up box, tap the Yes button to delete the device. 
  5. To set up another device, tap either the SURFboard Mesh, SURFboard Gateway,  &SURFboard Modem,

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/mAX-W21-Cable-Modem-Internet-Setup

Badge +1

In this case we would suggest you to remove the S33 device from the surfboard central app since this is just a cable modem and it doesn't have any advanced configurations so you can access modem setting using 192.168.100.1. You can just add W21 on the surfboard central app then start setup by following the steps mentioned below and also use the steps on the article to setup W21 with cable modem after removing S33 from SBC app.

Remove Device

1. Tap the Menu bar link on the top-left screen
  2. Tap the Remove Device button. 
  3. Tap the device to remove, then tap the Next button. 
  4. On the pop-up box, tap the Yes button to delete the device. 
  5. To set up another device, tap either the SURFboard Mesh, SURFboard Gateway,  &SURFboard Modem,

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/mAX-W21-Cable-Modem-Internet-Setup

Your response does not address the issue I am having. Try rereading my post.

My mesh network was setup and configured using Surfboard Central on my old iPhone. I am trying to connect Surfboard Central on a new iPhone to the mesh network so I can use it to monitor and make changes to the network. No matter how I try to connect - to the W21 or the S33 I always end up at the ERROR CODE: 0015-1805 screen.

How do I connect Surfboard Central to an already setup and configured mesh network?

Martin

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

For the error code (0015-1805) - Something went wrong

Solution: If you have already installed the MAX Router, please connect the mobile device to the home Wi-Fi network. Click "Retry" to reconnect to the MAX Router.  If a factory reset is performed on the MAX Router, then click "Continue Onboarding" to reinstall the MAX Router.

If you wanted to setup the SBC app on your new phone, Even though if it was configured before with different mobile phone, you have to start over the process to set up the App on new phone.

Badge +1

For the error code (0015-1805) - Something went wrong

Solution: If you have already installed the MAX Router, please connect the mobile device to the home Wi-Fi network. Click "Retry" to reconnect to the MAX Router.  If a factory reset is performed on the MAX Router, then click "Continue Onboarding" to reinstall the MAX Router.

If you wanted to setup the SBC app on your new phone, Even though if it was configured before with different mobile phone, you have to start over the process to set up the App on new phone.

What I needed to know. Pretty poor design… You should fix the software.

Martin

Badge

I get the same error code when setting up surfboard central on my phone.  Was updating to change the password.  So reset the modem 3 times and keep getting the invalid user name/password when typing in ‘password’.  Ridiculous.  Please advise.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I get the same error code when setting up surfboard central on my phone.  Was updating to change the password.  So reset the modem 3 times and keep getting the invalid user name/password when typing in ‘password’.  Ridiculous.  Please advise.

Could you let us know the model number?