Solved

router seems to be blocking my GE appliance connection

• 21 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I just purchased a GE air conditioner and  I'm unable to connect it. My Wi-Fi is showing up but the air conditioner is not showing up in the cloud. After going through all the troubleshooting steps with the company ,they told me that it appears that the security settings on my router or the router itself is blocking the connection. I switched it to wpa/wpa2 and it's still not working. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by plemans 22 May 2023, 15:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

What router do you have? 
What modem is it connected to? 

Did the GE connect to the wifi? Or not? Did you make sure to try to connect it to the 2.4ghz wifi? 

Are you using any special characters/spaces in the ssid/password? If so, remove them. 

Does it work if you connect it to the guest network?

Did you contact GE since it’s their device?

Badge

I have an Arris  DG2470A. Not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to this stuff, but I believe it's a router and modem in one. I only have the one box connected via a cable that goes outside. I've been on the phone with GE for over an hour over the last couple days and communicating back and forth over email.. Using 2.4 ghz,  and they eventually ended up telling me that it's a problem with my router and that it must be blocking my device from connecting. I even tried removing the password briefly to make it an open network and it still would not work. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Are you setting it up using their app? 
On iOS or android? 

If its ios, make sure icloud relay and private mac/ip address are both disabled. 

Also, you can try hotspotting a phone and seeing if the GE will connect to that. 

Maybe get it connected and updated and then see if it’d connect to your network. 

Badge

Thank you. I'm using an Android and the GE app. I'll try the hotspot 😉