Scan Devices in SURFboard Central App With Cable Modems

• 23 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

ARRIS has partnered with Fing to help optimize your home network in the SURFboard Central App.  The Fing scan feature is available in the SURFboard Central app (starting version 4.1.14 ) when paired with a cable modem. 

By tapping the Network menu on the Home screen, Fing performs a one-time network scan of your home network and provides details of the online devices such as the device name, brand, model, IP, and MAC address. 

For full details of the network and advanced tools, you can sign-up for a download link of the Fing Desktop to install on your PC free of charge.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

How well does fing work with apple/androids new random mac address setting? 

I’ve seen quite a few different routers with ID issues when thats enabled. 

Is there a way to refresh the device scan? When I click on refresh button the Fing ad pops up. Useless feature if it can't refresh. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

How well does fing work with apple/androids new random mac address setting? 

I’ve seen quite a few different routers with ID issues when thats enabled. 

From my limited experience with Fing, it also has a hard time displaying the device name for Apple devices with random mac address enabled. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

Is there a way to refresh the device scan? When I click on refresh button the Fing ad pops up. Useless feature if it can't refresh. 

Unfortunately not, looks like the one-time scan was a way to promote the feature in Fing.