Skip to main content
Solved

Connecting S33 to either my RAX50 (Gbe) router or GS110MX 10G Switch fails.

• 10 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Connecting S33 to either my RAX50 (Gbe) router or GS110MX 10G Switch fails, but it connects fine to my PC.  Any ideas why?  Using Cat 8

Hello acpiper,

I understand you are unable to connect modem (S33) to the router (RAX 50 Gbe) .

Please follow these steps to connect S33 to the  router (RAX 50 Gbe) .:

1. Do a power cycle on the modem  (unplug the power cable and co-axial cable ,wait for a minute and then plug co-axial cable and power cable back )
  2. Do a power cycle on the router (unplug the power cable wait for a minute and then plug the power cable back )
  3. In both cases wait till the led lights are back to original
  4. Now connect the S33 to the wan port of the router 
  5. If still you are not able to connect to internet 
  6. Do a Reset on S33 please follow the below mentioned link for Reset:
  7. http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/S33-Factory-Reset
  8. Then do a power cycle on the router  In both cases wait till the led lights are back to original
  9. Now connect the S33 to the wan port of the router

In case of  GS110MX 10G Switch please connect it to the RAX 50 Gbe router .as you will be able to hardwire to various devices .

Also Cat 8 is the fastest Ethernet cable standard available today.

Let us know if these steps had helped in fixing the issue .

Make sure to go 

S33--->RAX50------>Switch

The vast majority of ISP’s only support 1 public ip address so it needs to be assigned to the router. 

the the router assigns private ip addresses. 

If you have the switch before the router, that public ip address doesn’t get assigned to the router and the router won’t have a connection online. 

Actually, I was finally able to get it connected by just stepping back and thinking through the issue; something I didn’t do when I shot off this query.  Of course, since then, I’ve received a new router (ASUS ROG) with 2x 2.5gbps ports, which I’ll probably hook up this weekend.  And, to add to all that, Xfinty just notified me that I’m to expect a service outage due to more of their upgrades, meaning I see ANOTHER router in the near future…  :)