Skip to main content
Solved

S33 set up and password

How can I access the S33 modem configuration using WiFi?

when I type the IP address 192.168.100.1  OR 10.0.0.1 , I get an error message stating error 404.

My computer does not have an ethernet port.

Please advise

Hello patpatnaik

S33 is just a cable modem so you can access modem interface by searching for 192.168.100.1 in any web browser. Mostly you can access modem GUI on the direct connection since this is just a cable modem this IP will be blocked by the router so for this direct connected will be allowed.

The 404 code means that a server could not find a client-requested webpage.  

1. Restart your browser. Try closing the current window and opening a new one.
  2. Clear cache. Remove your browser data and history. 
  3. Double-check for mistyped characters. 
  4. Use another device. 
  5. Switch to the Incognito window.

Let us know if this helps.

That is true if the modem is not connected to a wi-fi router, then the IP would be inaccessible via wi-fi.  One can access 192.168.100.1 over wi-fi as long as the cable modem is connected to a wi-fi router.  The IP will not be blocked by the router UNLESS you’re on a different wi-fi network than the router connected to the S33.  (i.e. as an Xfinity Mobile customer my phone auto connects to Xfinity hotspots as well as my home wi-fi, but does not always auto switch to my home wi-fi.   While on Xfinity wi-fi, access to the S33’s webpage fails.

Hello Circlestrafe,

It looks like when S33 connected to Router we are unable to access the modem web manager page (192.168.100.1) . Also getting an error code 404.

In this case check with different browsers or different WiFi devices . 

The router should allow the modem webmanager page to access but in rare cases it does happen that modem webmanager page is not found but for the error code 404 please follow the below instructions:

1. Restart your browser. Try closing the current window and opening a new one.
  2. Clear cache. Remove your browser data and history. 
  3. Double-check for mistyped characters. 
  4. Use another device. 
  5. Switch to the Incognito window

If still unable to access try and arrange an ethernet port laptop or computer to have a direct access to the modem and the device in order to check the cable signal levels if required.