Skip to main content
Solved

S33 Web portal access without Ethernet cable

My laptop does not have ethernet port. How can I access S33 webportal to manage the device and update firmware?

Hello patpatnaik

S33 is just a cable modem so to access modem interface using Wi-Fi or router wont be possible sometime because the router will block the modem IP so, only on direct connection you can access interface, but you can give it a try using different web browser using Wi-Fi.

The Cable Operators (MSOs) have complete control of what cable modem/gateway hardware they will allow installed and the firmware it uses, this is because they own the coaxial cable that is connected to the ARRIS S33, because of that the Firmware updates are pushed by them, and any update needed as well. Any associated firmware updates are automatically deployed by the cable operator. This is not an ARRIS only implementation, but the required implementation of any cable device manufacturer. Even for the modem owned by the Customers  firmware updates can be done by the Internet service provider.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you for the clarification. My only concern was with regards to Firmware updates. If it is to be taken up by the ISP provider,  I am relieved.

You can assign an IP address within the 192.168.100.2 - 192.168.100.254 on your router’s WAN IP address to access the S33 web portal from your Wi-Fi laptop.  ISP are the ones that pushes the FW to S33 if one is available.  

You can also snag a cheap usb---ethernet adapter. They’re great to have on hand for the future or issues like these :)