Skip to main content
Solved

S34 - Timeline for release of this modem

On both xFinity’s website cable modems section and CableLabs approved modems list is the S34. CableLabs shows a CQ date of 2024. Does Arris have a timeline for release of this modem? If so, I’d prefer to stay with the brand instead of upgrade to a competitor. 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the update. We would suggest you to check on surfboard.com for more details on this.

Badge

Thanks, but a check of surfboard.com produces no mention of this product, hence why I am asking here.

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Hello @Romeo4189,

The S34 is expected to launch between mid-July to end of July.  It will be added to surfboard.com soon, please check back at a later time.

Badge

Thank you for this information. This is what I was looking for.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

looks like it was added to comcast’s next gen list

https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2024.06.26%20Full%20List%20of%20Compatible%20Devices.pdf

Hello @Romeo4189,

The S34 is expected to launch between mid-July to end of July.  It will be added to surfboard.com soon, please check back at a later time.

Hi SURFboard Support Team,

Thanks for the expected release date you shared previously.

Is the S34 release still on track for this month? I had bought another modem, but debating if I should return it and wait for the S34, but it depends on the S34 release date and its price…

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Hello @Romeo4189,

Is the S34 release still on track for this month? I had bought another modem, but debating if I should return it and wait for the S34, but it depends on the S34 release date and its price…

Thanks!

Hi @njsurfer,

The release is still on track as previously mentioned.  Thank you for reaching out!

Hello @Romeo4189,

Thanks!

The S34 is available on there official website, for $ 219.00

https://shop.surfboard.com/surfboard-s34-docsis-3-1-cable-modem/

The S34 is out of stock now - It has been OOS for close to a week now. I believe it was available for 2 or 3 days before it went OOS. I was going to keep my other modem, so i did not order it while it was in stock, but I am now considering the S34 again...

@SURFboard Support  - Do you have an ETA when the S34 will be back on stock here (surfboard.com)? Also curious when it will be available at merchants / retailers such as Best Buy, Amazon etc.?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

We do not have an ETA. Please check the sites periodically for updates.