Solved

Arris SB6190 modem no power

• 28 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello everyone! Have been looking all over the internet and I can’t find an answer. My modem’s power supply stopped working today after almost one year of usage so I know it’s not age related. used my multimeter and it was reading 5V so I knew my power supply failed. I got a new AC universal adapter with the required 12V A1.3 and nothing. No power whats so ever. I checked on every outlet. Found a random backup power supply with the 12V A1.0 and still nothing!! I’m losing my mind I can’t afford to buy a new one. Please let me know if y’all have any similar stories or solutions thank you!!

icon

Best answer by plemans 28 February 2023, 14:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

None of the power supplies are putting out the required power? or the modem doesn’t work when they’re being used? 

Because it could be the modem went bad and took the power supply out with it. 

Badge

The first one was not giving enough power but my aftermarket one did. It was putting out 12V out of the outlet. The modem does not work when putting in new power supplies. Completely dead no lights at all 

Badge

None of the power supplies are putting out the required power? or the modem doesn’t work when they’re being used? 

Because it could be the modem went bad and took the power supply out with it. 

The first one was not giving enough power but my aftermarket one did. It was putting out 12V out of the outlet. The modem does not work when putting in new power supplies. Completely dead no lights at 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

If you’re looking for a new one, I’d look at the docsis 3.1 modems as most ISP’s are starting to require them for even lower speed tiers. 

@Diegogutie I have two SB6190s. One of them failed recently with the same exact problem as yours after about a year. I plugged it into the AC adapter from the working modem and still no power.  Check on the Arris support site and see if your modem is under warranty (https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/ConsumerWarranty). However be prepared to waste a lot of time trying to get a hold of their customer support - it is equally defective.