Question

Intermittent internet connection on SB8200

• 28 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Problems with my SB8200 Modem (purchased 06/11/2023), I can no longer restart my modem without restarting it many times to get it to work. I have what is called a net reset device NetReset that would automatically restart my Modem and router everyday but can no longer restart the modem unless I restart it many times to get it to work.

If you restart it or the power goes out it will reboot like normal with the 4 lights on the front all on solid when booted up from the top down Solid Green, Solid Blue, Solid green, and solid green and the light on the back will be blinking green like the internet is working but router tells me connected but no internet, even if you connect a computer or laptop directly to the modem it tells you the same thing connected but no internet.

So then I have to restart the modem and have to do this many times, normally 4 to 5 times then it will work as long as it stays on, if you unplug it you have to do the same process all over again. And yes I have done a reset on the modem but that changed nothing. I'm thinking there is some hardware problem with it or maybe there is some update that is needed for it like a firmware update, you guys tell me I'm not sure on that. As long as it stays on it works great and speed tests are great also. 

Questions please ask, Thank You!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

SB8200 is just a cable modem so even on direct connection internet drops we would suggest you to perform hard reset on the modem and check the signal level again and here the upstream  values are not in accepted level so this needs to be checked again after reconfiguring the modem. Even after resetting the modem if the values are same then it needs to be corrected and that can be done by the service provider remotely, all you need to do is to contact your ISP to re provision the modem. Then monitor connection for 24hrs.