Question

Sb8200 V6 Setup with Spectrum, everthing look ok?

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Ch 2 showing Not locked, all levels look good.

Had issues with ISP, replaced the line from the drop and tap, and had to call the fcc to actually have them come out and fix the node, just want to make sure everything looks good. currently the line has 2 splitters, just wondering if the node adjustment could have affected the configuration with my line.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Not to bad. A little errors in the one channels but if doesn’t cause errors in the logs then not to worry

Badge

i was having insane jitter issues and tried multiple modems with the spliter setup that was provided, i was just curious and i disconnected the spliters and my jitter went way down, as well as my games feel much more smooth. like the jitter/packet loss was unbearable before and now it feels almost normal. 

current setup no splitters
levels without splitter
previous splitter setup from tech

so do the current levels seem ok? ive had 4 techs come out in the last 2 months and i really dont want to have another one come out for something that they probably have no idea how to resolve. im just glad that my overloaded Node on my drop was taken care of that was a whole thing in itself. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

If you don’t have issues when you’ve removed the splitters, try replacing the double one. 

Badge

If you don’t have issues when you’ve removed the splitters, try replacing the double one. 

this is with the splitters on and the 3 spliter at 3.5db instead of 7db
does this look normal? i feel like something is off, like i literally can't play any games without stuttering/lagging 
everything still feels bad when i play games