Solved

SBG1O Drops Internet Repeatedly

• 5 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey all,

I’ve got an SBG10 modem that I’ve owned for almost two years now. I’ve had an issue the entire time where the Internet drops randomly for a couple minutes while I’m still connected to Wi-Fi. I’ve had about 6 calls with customer service trying to solve the problem. We’ve tried power cycling, factory resets, boosting levels, changing the location of the device, changing the cable, changing Wi-Fi channels, and even disabling wmm. It’s not the service provider-I changed states and providers and still had the same problem. (I had xfinity at first and blamed it on them.) I’ve got Spectrum now, and they say the problem’s with the modem. Anyone else have any other ideas?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 30 September 2022, 19:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello sonicgirl95

This could be related to the something called Cable Signal Levels, can we get the Signal Level information to check if they’re within range?

In this link you’ll find step by step how to check it and also a chart with the correct ranges:

https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG10-Cable-Signal-Levels/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle

Thanks in advance for the answer.