Solved

Admin page doesn't work

• 12 November 2022
  • 2 replies

When I try to connect to the admin page, I get this message:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.0.1. Peer using unsupported version of security protocol.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

This website might not support the TLS 1.2 protocol, which is the minimum version supported.

It happens on every browser I have. I saw a similar post and the person was told to disconnect the coax cable. Clearly this doesn’t work, because the problem is that the admin page has security issues. I don’t really feel like paying $40 for a live chat, and I can’t time travel back to Internet Explorer where I could override security flaws, so, what are the options?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 15 November 2022, 21:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello mangofish

Removing the coaxial cable may help to do this since the issue could be regarding the firmware. Having said that, a Factory Reset without the coaxial cable usually helps. Another possible way to do fix this would be to clear cache and data on your browser to try one more time. Let us know if this helps. 

Hello mangofish

Removing the coaxial cable may help to do this since the issue could be regarding the firmware. Having said that, a Factory Reset without the coaxial cable usually helps. Another possible way to do fix this would be to clear cache and data on your browser to try one more time. Let us know if this helps. 

Clearing the cache did not work. It seems like a mistake to Factory Reset when I have absolutely no confidence I will be able to get back into the settings afterwards, considering the issue is that modern browsers do not support Arris’ security settings. So it’s fine. I’m just going to buy a modem/router from a different brand.