Question

Wireless connection is not working with Model sbg6580-g228

• 14 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have done factory reset.  I have checked connections.  I own this modem.  The colors on modem are stationary and not blinking at all.  I have unplugged for a minute.

The wireless light is orange and not green.  All lights are lit up and never blinking.  This includes after unplugging for a minute and replugging in, checking all connections, and even attempting factory reset.  I need help getting wireless connection back to modem and was told this was the free option.

Serial number 3797 8133 1623 4126 0602 0006.  I own this modem outright.  Comcast tried to assist but referred me to you all since it is not their equipment but they verified the modem does read but it is the wireless.  Please help as I work remotely.

Additionally I asked Ana and tried accessing the web page to look at settings but could not get anywhere.  I am having to use my iphone as a hotspot and that connection is limited and not as high speed.  It also is very limited.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Ludthetraveler

We understand that you are unable to access internet using Wi-Fi from sbg6580-2, since you have performed all basic trouble shooting already no need to repeat the same and also the lights on the modem are solid that indicates that your modem is getting internet, if the Wi-Fi on the modem is on you need to look for the default Wi-Fi network mentioned on the modem label to connect to the Wi-Fi using default Wi-Fi password and if the Wi-Fi name is not showing up on your devices you need to check on other devices after restarting devices for a minute. If your don't see the Wi-Fi name on any devices after all testing then we need a device for direct connection that is hardwired to the modem to work on this further, please follow the steps mentioned on the below link to reset modem

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6580-2-Factory-Reset

Let us know if this helps