Skip to main content
Solved

How do I get a shell on my SBG7600AC2?

Hello. I am trying to get a shell on my SBG7600AC2, Bootcode Version 2.2.0.46, Hardware Version 2, Firmware Version 9.1.103AA78. I’m starting to love my previous modem (Actiontec Q1000) more, as it had a way to enable telnet and allowed me to use neat tools such as xdslctl to diagnose connectivity issues. Anyways, I have gone through all the web interface configuration pages and can find no such thing on my SBG7600AC2. I have searched the internet for results, apparently someone found there is a technician account with a password of the day. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to get any combination to work. I contacted my ISP but they said they don’t set anything and didn’t know what I was talking about. Does anyone have any ideas?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Zi7ar21,

It  looks like you are looking for the  the bootcode version, hardware version and firmware version as the same monitored by ISP.

For the password of the day need to be handled by Tier 3 technicians of ISP.

For both reach your ISP. 

Badge

Hello Zi7ar21,

It  looks like you are looking for the  the bootcode version, hardware version and firmware version as the same monitored by ISP.

For the password of the day need to be handled by Tier 3 technicians of ISP.

For both reach your ISP. 

It’s been a few months and I still can’t figure out how to get into my modem’s shell. I did a WHOIS on my IP address, found my ISP’s Network Operations Center (NOC) e-mail and contacted them. They said:

[my name],

We apologize, but this is internal information that we cannot divulge to customers.

Additionally, Sparklight Network Operations does not troubleshoot single-user modem issues. Please contact Sparklight Technical Support (877-570-0500) for further assistance with any requests you may have.

However I don’t think they understand. I am not trying to log in from the outside, I do not need the technician password to be able to log into my modem from the outside, I am a customer with the modem in my hands and I want to get a shell on my router from the inside. Is the technician account needed to do this? Since my ISP won’t give it to me, it is Arris’ (this place’s) responsibility to tell me how to set my own technician account password.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Usually, the boot code version and firmware version can be handled only by an internet service provider.

I regret to inform you that Arris does not have access to check those details.