Skip to main content

I recently had to switch to Xfinity due to where I moved to and ever since I got the internet up and running, I cannot access what are seemingly random websites. For example I can reach google.com, facebook.com, and youtube.com but cannot access twitter.com, wikihow.com and imdb.com.

I have factory/hard reset the modem, tried different dns servers, and all kinds of different settings to no avail. This is happening through multiple devices (apple, Samsung, windows based computers) and doesn't matter if it's a webpage or an app. 

The STRANGEST thing however is that people who are local to the area can visit all the webpages we can't on our wifi with their own devices. I am at my wits end with trying to figure this problem out. 

Hello platypus

If the few sites are not accessible you can try DNS setup on the modem interface, DNS stands for Domain Name System. This system is essentially the phone book of the Web that organizes and identifies domains. For example: While a phone book translates a name like "Acme Pizza" into the correct phone number to call, the DNS translates a web address like "www.google.com" into the physical IP address—such as"74.125. Please follow the steps mentioned on the link below

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6950AC2-DNS-Setup

Let us now if this helps.