Solved

Canon Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw printer does not detect SBG8300

New SBG8300 connects perfectly to 2 cell phones, 2 laptops and 1 tablet, using the 

5G SSID.  Canon printer detects  the 2.4G SSID as well as the 2.4G Guest SSID, but not the 5G SSID.  

Please advise if there is a solution for this.

Thanks

Steve O

icon

Best answer by plemans 7 July 2022, 03:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

That printer isn’t dual band. Meaning it doesn’t have 5ghz capability so it won’t detect it. You’ll need to connect it to the 2.4ghz. 

Thank you.  That is what I expected.  So, in order to have my laptops  onnected via wireless to the printer, am I correct I must use the 2.4 connection?  And that that decision will lead to slower downloads to them?

Userlevel 1

Since your printer isn’t dual band, it can only connect to the router using 2.4GHz.  Your laptops or other mobile devices can connect to the router using either band, if they support dual band.  The router would “translate” the connection between the router to laptops to the connection between the router to the printer, regardless of the band, that’s the job of the router.

JDub, thank you.  I had not done proper homework on this issue.  Ended up running all other devices on 5G and had to compromise with printer wired  direct to one computer.