Skip to main content
Solved

Continues disconnection of 24. wifi on SBG8300

As the title states, I received my SBG8300 modem/router two days ago. I immediately noticed that the 2.4 Wifi kept disappearing, and I lost connection. I’ve factory reset the modem, and the problem persists, and now my Alexa and Smart Life app is failing to connect since it requires 2.4 wifi. The website shows it is active.
This is one of many problems I have experienced. I could use the web but not the mobile app, as it wouldn’t connect. Now I can use the mobile app, but the web won’t connect.
Is this a product defect?

Update: I got the Alexa and Web working. I’m still experiencing 2.4 wifi dropping while the app and web state it is online.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Have you tried changing wifi channels for the 2.4ghz? 2.4ghz suffers from quite a bit of interference and maybe the last router was on a less congested channel. 

Badge

Thank you for replying. I have tried this, but I haven't tried all the channels. I believe I've tried 1, 6, and 11. I plan to test out the rest today.

You didn't ask this, but I'll add it in.

My modem is located on my computer desk in the same spot as my previous modem from Breezeline.