Skip to main content
Question

Resolving Intermittent Cable Modem Connection Loss During High Traffic

• 28 August 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I’m facing issues to  access my network router's settings at 192.168.0.1. My Wi-Fi connection is stable, but I can’t reach the router’s admin page to make configuration changes. I’ve tried different browsers and cleared the cache, but the page still won’t load. I’ve also checked that the router is correctly connected and powered on. give me suggestions to solve my issuse .Thank you.

Try disconnecting from VPN if you have any.  I usually run into this issue when I’m connected to my work’s VPN.   Some gateways have cable modem interface at 192.168.100.1 you can try.  I would also try access the admin page w/o Internet connection by disconnecting coaxial cable, power cycle the gateway, and try the 192.168.0.1.  

The gateway could be causing the intermittent issue which could prevent connection to the admin page.  If you’re familiar with using command prompt, try doing continues ping command ping -t 192.168.0.1 to see if the connection is intermittent to the gateway.  

Try disconnecting from VPN if you have any.  I usually run into this issue when I’m connected to my work’s VPN.   Some gateways have cable modem interface at 192.168.100.1 you can try.  I would also try access the admin page w/o Internet connection by disconnecting coaxial cable, power cycle the gateway, and try the 192.168.0.1.  

The gateway could be causing the intermittent issue which could prevent connection to the admin page.  If you’re familiar with using command prompt, try doing continues ping command ping -t 192.168.0.1 to see if the connection is intermittent to the gateway.  

hii Thank you for giving me reply .i will follow the guidelines which you have suggested me.