Skip to main content
Question

Why does my SBG6782-AC hung and needs reboot every two days

• 20 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I’ve been using my SBG6782-AC gateway with Xfinity cable (300Mb/10Mb) for several years without needing any reboots. I’ve noticed in the last three months my gateway would get hung about every two days--all the front-panel lights stay lid and all wifi connections dropped--and the only solution is to recycle power to the gateway. Does anyone have this problem? I’m wondering if the circuit board is dying and some electronic components need to be replaced. I’m using both wired and n/ac wifi mode. Looking at the modem logs revealed no clues.

Thanks for any insights.

I would try these two things before replacing it.

1. Reset the Wi-Fi settings in the 802.11 Radio pages.  There should be restore Wireless Defaults button. 
  2. Perform hard reset by holding down the reset button on the back of the SBG6782.  This will clear all the settings.  

When it happens, its it just wireless devices that have issues? or do wired devices as well? 

When it happens, all wired and wireless devices lost connection.

I would try these two things before replacing it.

1. Reset the Wi-Fi settings in the 802.11 Radio pages.  There should be restore Wireless Defaults button. 
  2. Perform hard reset by holding down the reset button on the back of the SBG6782.  This will clear all the settings.  

Yes I will try resetting just the wireless portion to see if it will help. Thanks.