Solved

Invalid user name or password, or your access has been locked due to multiple failed login attempts!

• 30 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

which is it?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 26 August 2023, 09:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hi Antheraccountjusttogetananswer,

It appears that you attempted to log in to the web manager page but received an invalid username or password, or that your access has been blocked as a result of numerous unsuccessful login attempts!

Please let us know the product model number so we can assist you with the “Reset” since we have a variety of product models like wired cable modems /wireless cable modems.

Badge +2

Hi

SBV2402 modem 

Thanks

Badge +2

I used the reset button more than once. Held it for 30 seconds. Tried the various combinations of the words admin and password as suggested on several web pages. All to no avail

Badge +2

I take it you were just wondering about the model number. Thanks anyway.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Try doing a “Reset” by clicking the below link 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBV2402-Reset-Button

Badge +2

you ask for the serial number I give you the serial number. no response.

I say I already tried the reset button. You say “try the reset button”.

???

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you have already done resetting modem multiple times no need to repeat again and just want make sure you are holding reset button on the modem after disconnecting the coax cable so if that is done no issues, please try to access modem interface on direct connection without router because SBV2402 is just a cable modem sometimes router will not allow modem IP to access. Disconnect the router from the modem and connect any device to the modem ethernet port like desktop or laptop then follow the steps mentioned on below article.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBV2402-Web-Manager-Access

Badge +2

thank you. The part i was missing was disconnecting from coax b4 pressing reset button. I will give your instructions a try.