Solved

Can I manually setup the Arris model G34 with out using the arris app?

• 24 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

When I try to set it up it automaticly goes to the web to the providers site( xfinity) and I can’t see the internal status of the modem/router. Xfinity can’t seem to find the modem, although I get to their website that wants me to activate it by their app. Which doesn’t seem to work. So if I can see the internal status of the modem I can see the wan status etc. I don’t want reps coming to my house.

icon

Best answer by Where the Wild Pings Are 24 May 2023, 20:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

If you are reaching the service providers site prompting you to activate your modem, that means that it’s still not setup in their system or activated on your account. The activation site is referred to as the walled garden and is there to stop unregistered modems from using their network to connect to the internet. If you are not able to activate your unit through the app or through a browser, you should be able to call them to activate it. When you call them they should ask you for the HFC MAC ID so that they can register it in their system on your account.

I have Xfinity as well, and last time I upgraded my modem I was having issues activating my device too. I asked them to remove any other modem from my account and then activate my new one, and they seemed to work for me. 

However, the fact that you are hitting the walled garden is usually a good sign, it means that there is at least some communication from the line you are using and your provider. So I would think that you should be able to activate the G36 without needing a tech visit.