Question

Unable to access the GUI webportal and SBC app

• 19 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Seems like a recurring problem in the community security warning accessing the portal. 

Please provide help accessing the portal while the browser reports the SSL certificate is unsafe. 

What work around exists that is not beyond my technical capabilities! 

New box installation and have already had to work around the Surfboard Central App registration failure. 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case we would suggest you to try the follwoing steps to setup modem on Surfboard central app or through the app you can access modem GUI as well

I you have the surfbaord app already please uninstall the app and perform hard reset on the modem But after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password  to connect to your network.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Wi-Fi-Cable-Modem-Setup

Badge

Thank you.  A nice tech support person walked me through these processes.  Nice guy. 

Connecting the new equipment to the ISP and setting up WiFi was not as user friendly as I thought it should be.  Xfinity support for connecting service owned equipment is like finding the needle in the haystack - it took an hour and multiple calls, button pushes, to get to the right live person!  The app portion  of the process (surfboard) needs work to remove false errors, etc.  So glad this process is only every 5 years.