Question

G36 - Intermittent internet connection

• 17 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

I purchased the combo through Amazon. As soon as the window closed to return (1 month), it started dropping connections. After 6 service provider visits and nothing was resolved because the modem router would work and as soon as the tech would leave, it started dropping connections. Sparklight cannot update firmware and Arris won't. This is the only item that I have purchased from Amazon that is absolute junk and not cheap. NO ONE will address this issue.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Are you facing this issue only on Wi-Fi connection  or even with direct connection? 

Since you have done checking with your service provider multiple time you can reach out to Arris.com/consumersupport if your modem is under warranty.

Badge

We are experiencing dropped connections, both on Wi-Fi and direct connection. When I went into the testing mode, it says packets received but not sent. I sent multiple emails to: consumersupport@vantiva.com as directed,  with copy of purchase receipt, which is the address I was given, but have not received any replies. Case #: 2404-06006. I have repeatedly asked for an acknowledgement that the email has been received, but.....nothing I would really appreciate a reply as to my warranty and what can be done. It's only getting worse.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are experiencing intermittent internet connections on both wired and wireless connections, I suggest you to check the cable signals to make sure all signals are within range.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels

Badge

This was all done numerous times. Everything regarding the cables/ service provider, etc is working correctly. The only thing NOT working is the modem router.

Badge

What I need to know is: is the modem router under warranty as I purchased this in July of last year?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you tried all the possible troubleshooting, I suggest reaching out to www.arris.com/consumersupport for further assistance.

Badge

I HAVE reached out to consumersupport@vantiva.com, which is where I was sent 2 weeks ago. Absolutely no reply. I've tried everything. Does Arris not care about their products or their customers? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

The email address that you mentioned is not a valid email address. I suggest reaching out to www.arris.com/consumersupport to get a valid email address.