Solved

wifi connected but not loading anything

• 17 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I have the g36 Arris gateway, I upgraded from a Netgear nighthawk and only did so because our speeds where dropping when we had 4 or more people gaming at once via Ethernet and we where also paying Xfinity for 1gbps and the nighthawk was only capable of 600 mbs. So long story short we upgraded a few weeks ago everything was great for about 4 days and than randomly the wifi through the whole house would just drop but upon further investigation our devices are still connected to the wifi network but it's just not loading anything it doesn't even say "connected but can't connect to internet" like it usually does. For reference the wired Ethernet connections still work fine. The only fix that's worked is to power cycle the gateway which fixes it but after a day or two it happens again. Not a huge issue but extremely annoying seeing as we don't have great service where we live and wifi calling is pretty important for work and family emergencies. I'm thinking about just going back to the Netgear and throwing this in the garbage I have kids and I can't be unplugging a modem every few days because of faulty software or whatever it might be. I've owned over 6 modems as an adult and none of them have done this not even xfinitys horrible God awful default xfi gateway. Also before I'm told to look at the support page, this place is my last resort before I give up and throw it away.

Things I've tried:

Power cycling

Factory resetting

Monitoring the gateways power levels

Disabling automatic channel selection for both 2.4 and 5ghz networks

Enabling automatic channel selection and disabling the timed channel changing or whatever it's called to see if the channel changing every 8 hours is what was breaking it.

Any help would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 19 May 2023, 21:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Bspktube,

We understand that you are facing intermittent connection and also have tried all possible trouble shooting steps so to move further on the same .

Please check with your Internet Service Provider if the Test Modem provided by them works fine . 

Let us know your feedback .