Question

Arris TG3452A Packet Loss Issues

• 26 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

As of recent me and my family have been finding our Arris TG3542A has been producing tremendous amounts of packet loss and I am unsure as of what to do with it. I have been unable to find anything helpful on the internet in my countless hours of research and we are supposed to be getting 1000+ mbps but we only get 20-40 mbps. Please help.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello NathanMcCreary

Packet loss occurs when one or more packets of data travelling across a computer network fail to reach their destination. Packet loss is also related to modem cable signal level so you need to check the signal level on the modem which is sent to it by the internet service provider. Basically, slow speed, intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider. So we would suggest you to check on the modem GUI or interface about the modem signal level to isolate the issue and since TG models are no more supported by Arris, you need to check with your internet service provider to work this case further.