Solved

Hiw to find cm8200 modem password and network id

• 10 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’ve lost internet at my home and working with my cox provider we did a hard reset on our arris touchstone cm8200. They needed the network password and network id that should have been on the modem but it is not. How do i find that information?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 22 January 2024, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Hey, MyKey2tones, 

I recently had similar problems with a CM8200 and was stumped. I ended up having to reset the modem to its factory defaults a couple or three times of times before I was able to use the default login of

username =  admin   …...and

password  = the last 8 digits of the serial number (not MAC address) as printed on the bottom of the modem. Read very carefully, as the fonts are pretty small and kind of crude where a  “B” can look like an “8”, and “0” vs. “O”, etc.

If the above doesn’t work, you might alternately try (all lower case) 

username =  admin

password = password 

I hope that helps. 

HBob

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

You have the Touchstone® CM8200 DOCSIS® 3.1 Cable Modem which is a discontinued product by Arris. For further troubleshoot contact ISP(Internet Service Provider)

To provide more information on the network name and password, in general, all modems will be connected to a wireless router which provides the Wi-Fi connection to our home wireless devices.

A cable modem doesn't have a network name and password as they are not a Wi-Fi device so please check with the router that is connected to the modem (from the back of the modem through an ethernet cable to the wan port of the router).

Mostly on the router the network name and password which is the Wi-Fi /SSID will be available behind /bottom of the router.