Skip to main content

Hi, I’m trying to enter my WiFi interface to allow my repeater since I cannot connect it to my new WiFi network. The name is “admin” but I cannot find out what is the password I should use. Can you help please?

It varies by model. What unit do you have?

My model is TG3442. I’ve tried all the basic by default passwords but none of them worked 

In that case, I would probably do a factory reset.

I just install it today and it’s brand new. That wouldn’t change anything. 

Sorry, I didn’t know that. If you haven’t modified anything my understanding is:

Access to the modem has the default credentials of admin/password. Those are what you would use if you are attempting to access the admin console.

“If you are looking for the Wi-Fi credentials the default Wi-Fi name and password will be mentioned on the modem label” per a previous moderator update on another thread.

Let us know if this helps.

Yes I just installed everything today and was trying to access the console to allow access to my repeater from there. But I cannot find what is the by default password to access the console itself. The login automatically appears as “admin”, then I tried to access using different password such as “admin”, “password”, “1234”, but they do not work and I need to access the console otherwise my repeater does not connect to the network. 

Sorry, not sure what to suggest at this point. Hopefully one of the moderators will step in. Sure looks like password is correct for that specific unit.

I have tried the password “password”, but it’s not working. I have tried even using a capital “P”, or even “1234”. I lock myself out many times.  Where do I find the password?  I contacted Arris by phone (a number that my internet provider gave me) they said that they can not help me with that.