Skip to main content
Solved

No internet on SB8200

• 31 July 2024
  • 1 reply

My old modem and router were both functional (slow and outdated) before purchasing and installing the new Sb8200.  Now I spent a few hours online with my internet provider and still have no internet with the sb8200.  My internet provider tried everything they could to get it to function, now they tell me I’ll have to have a tech look at it and if the problem is on my end there will be charges.  It’s obviously on my end, everything was fine (slow but functional) before I installed the sb8200.  What else can I try to make it work?

To test the modem disconnect the coax cable modem the modem and connect any device to the modem ethernet port like computer or laptop which has ethernet port for direct connection then on the device check for the IPV4 address using command prompt and also try accessing modem GUI using 192.168.100.1 to check the status of the modem.

Also could you please help us with the modem LED light status and also check whether you see light flashing on the ethernet port of the modem?