Solved

Why are all icon lights a solid yellow in SB8200

• 25 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

What does it mean when all the icon lights (Power, Receive, send, online) are a solid yellow, but I’m still connected to the internet?  I have a 400 Mbps plan and the is no drop in speed.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by sms1295 27 February 2023, 14:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Probably just means your led has an issue or something is distorting it because supposedly the leds on the SB8200 only have green/blue colors. 

If everything is working as it should, I wouldn’t worry. 

Badge +1

Hi Plemans,

Thanks for responding.  My speed is where it should be, so I’ll disregard the color of the LED icons.

Let me give some background.  I replaced an SB6183 with an SB8200.  When the SB6183 was connected the power LED was a solid white/yellow, receive light was solid blue, send light was solid blue, and the  Online was solid white/yellow.  When I set up the SB8200 the power LED is a solid white/yellow, receive solid blue, send LED a solid white/yellow, and Online was solid white/yellow. I had my ISP tech out when I set up the SB8200 and he had never seen where the receive and send LED was not blue.  I thought this may be a defect in the modem and took it back and replaced it with another SB8200.  The second SB8200 still only had a blue LED for the receive.  I contacted ARRIS support that the tech I said told me not to worry the modem was working fine.  Five months later the receive LED turned yellow which led to this post.

I contacted ARRIS tech support again with the issue and the tech told me that yellow means I receive packets at DOCSIS 3.0 standard and blue means I'm receiving packets at DOCSIS 3.1 standard. The modem is still working fine and I'm receiving the speed I signed up for.  As I write this the receive LED is back to blue.

Thanks again for responding.

I just got the SB8200 and wondered the same thing. The only blue light is the Receive icon.  The rest are yellow. Seems to be working fine but I’ve owned/own other Arris modems and they ALL have the Send light as blue.  
I guess, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

Badge +1

Hey Rockstar,

I just wished Arris would change their documentation to be modem specific when it comes to the lights instead of on document for all modems.  It would have saved me a trip of returning the first SB8200 and several calls about the lights to them.