Question

firewall

• 27 December 2022
  • 1 reply

How do I change my firewall settings so I can get onto a website? I use this website for work and can access it anywhere but from my home unless I long in using my iPhone hotspot. If I use my home internet it will allow me to get to the website but when I attempt to log in it gives me a 404 (not found) Error

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Tabetha

As you mentioned, using modem internet you can access that particular website but you are unable to login to the site and you are getting 404 error. Error 404 is a client-side issue indicating the requested URL can't be found on the server. It may occur because of several reasons, such as the domain is not pointed correctly, a broken . hatches file, or misconfigured file permissions. If you get a 404 error when accessing cPanel, it's most likely a firewall either on your computer or at your network level that is not allowing access to non-standard ports. please follow the link below for firewall setup.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6950AC2-Firewall-Setup

Let us know if this helps.