Question

2.4 ghz issues

• 29 November 2022
  • 9 replies

When I try to connect a 2.4 ghz device (smart plug, etc) I either get an incorrect password when trying to connect or it gets connected and then drops.  I know the password is correct.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Are you using any special characters/spaces in the ssid or password? I’ve seen a lot of iot devices have issues with those

No

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

How many smart devices are you using? 

The same amount I had when I was using the Xfinity modem. About 12

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

have you tried changing wifi channels? 

What channels

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

the 2.4ghz channels. I’d recommend switching between 1-6-11

When I try to connect a 2.4 ghz device (smart plug, etc) I either get an incorrect password when trying to connect or it gets connected and then drops.  I know the password is correct.

on my phone it say that I need to change my Cell Phone from 5.0 to 2.4GHZ on to let it pair. I only have 4 smart plugs .

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

on my phone it say that I need to change my Cell Phone from 5.0 to 2.4GHZ on to let it pair. I only have 4 smart plugs .

I’ve heard about phones having to connect to the 2.4 GHz in order to connect iOT devices that are only compatible 2.4 GHz.  I have a few iOT devices but I did not need to connect my phone to 2.4GHz.