Question

Intermittent Connectivity with my SBG8300

• 13 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello I have a SBG8300 and the wifi 2.4GHz always have an issue to connect, the 5G work fine and have no issues. It either won't connect or the specific wifi name not appear at all. The modem always need to be turn on and off every several days. It started happening in the last couple months and just getting worst now since I just reset the power 2 days ago. Now it needs to be reset at least twice every week and it becomes stressful all my securities devices need to be reset  each time. Please help resolve this issue.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello AB86

Basically intermittent connection issue on Wi-Fi will happen only when other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity. So we would suggest you to try changing Wi-Fi channels will avoid interference and that will give better speed and connection. So in this case you need to contact the router manufacturer of AC2350 to work on this and even with direct connection if still same issue persist that is directly from the modem to the device without router and even after performing restart or resetting modem if same issue persist and we also need to check the cable signal level to find what causing this issue.