Skip to main content
Solved

losing connectivity sbg8300

• 5 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I replaced a sbg8300 that was killed by a power surge a month ago with another sbg8300. I got it up and running, everything was working great. But for the last 2 days all of my devices suddenly lose connectivity to the wifi.

When I try to reconnect, the password that was previously saved is gone. I type it in and receive a message saying that the password is incorrect. I know that I'm typing it correctly.

I've connected to the router with my laptop via Ethernet cord and signed into the router settings and verified that not only is it the right password, but according to the router both networks are working.

This keeps happening and I'm at a loss. My old sbg8300 didn't do this.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello dooners

In this case for intermittent connectivity on WIFI if this is happening on both the WIFI network you can try changing WIFI channel on the interface. If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. After changing WIFI channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then i would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below link to change WIFI channel.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel