Skip to main content
Solved

why won't whatsapp calling work on sbg8300?

whatsapp calling (and a select few other apps) works on any other router on my network, but not my sbg8300. How do you change the settings on the sbg8300 to allow for whatsapp calling to work? can connect to whatsapp and send messages, just not the calling feature. Also NordVPN does not work on this router - how can this be allowed?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello user2023,

As your WhatsApp calling is not working on the sbg8300. Login on the web manager page (192.168.0.1) , please select “Advanced “ on the gateway page . After selecting “Advanced “ choose on Application Layer Gateway “SIP” and disable it .

After this troubleshooting check if you are able to use the WhatsApp calling option . 

Do let us know the error that you are facing when NordVPN working on the router?

Badge

disabling “SIP” worked to allow whatsapp calling. thank you!

however, NordVPN doesn’t give an error, it just simply won’t connect at all while on the wifi with the sbg8300 router. any ideas on how to troubleshoot what the error is exactly? I have gotten this with nordvpn on some other wifi networks as well, particularly some airport wifis, etc, but most of the time it just connects.

In addition, every time I try to connect a Ring device, it says to “check internet connection”, even on the 2.4ghz network. Any idea how to get that to work?