Skip to main content
Solved

SBG6900-AC Iphone and Ipad are NOT having consistent wifi. PLEASE HELP

Hello,

My iphone 12 pro and ipad air 258812 are not having consistent wifi. They both connect easily and will work well for a few moments with my wifi but then internet browsing and app using slows and just stops loading pages or working consistently.

The wifi is working great and consistent on my PC. I did a speed test and it had download speeds of 90.2 MBps and upload speeds of 11.2 MBPS.

The all in one router surfboard I am using is: SBG6900-AC. This has worked great for all of my devices for the last several years with no issues. it’s just been the alst 7 days or so…

I have enable band steering on arris

I have already tried:

unplugging router and plugging in.

forgtting and reconnecting wifi on iphone.

I have contacted both apple and my ISP (Spectrum) and they cannot help. 

My iphone wifi works great on other wifi routers but NOT this one anymore for some reason.

Please help?

Thanks!

Have you tried changing the 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels? Maybe there’s interference on them

I changed to chanel 1 on 2.4g and ch. 144 on 5g. Still same issue. Note: I have band steering on. should I disable?

Thanks!

I also tried resetting my router and that still didn’t work. Doesn’t make sense because my PC internet is working great!

FIXED! I called my ISP (Spectrum). They said there was a “quarantine” on my account due to the arris surfboard being 3.0 and NOT 3.1. They lifted the quarantine and now i’m back to hyper fast speeds on my iphone and ipad. So unethical for them to do that.

Thanks anyway!