Question

Cannot access Admin Portal

• 17 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Keep getting "Can not get password for admin from backend!" Error when trying to log into G34 admin page. Password and username are correct, and have logged in using them multiple times in the prior weeks without issue. Power-cycling does nothing, restarting router through ISP didn't change anything. Any tips, tricks or helpful insight would be much appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

I’m experiencing same issue: Trying to access the browser Web Manager with the password I created 3 weeks ago. I’d hate to reset the device to its’ defaults and reconfigure all 6 of my devices, SSID’s and WIFI passwords. There are people in this forum who did a reset and have to reset again and again to get back into the Web Manager. I’m technically inclined and in the 28 years doing this have never ever come across a more frustrating experience with this useless product and zero ARRIS Customer Support - because there isn’t any. I paid $200 for this junk and beyond the return window (Amazon). I’ve owned many Netgear and Motorola routers and modems and none have given me problems I’ve had with this G34. I will not install the defective app after reading all the negative comments from people who cannot get it to work consistently.