Solved

DG860a Wirh Blinking Ethernet Ports

• 19 October 2022
  • 1 reply

I am using a Arris DG 860 a modem with spectrum Internet. Yesterday I had no Internet access, and when I went and checked the modem, I noticed that all four ethernet ports on the back were blinking yellow. I tried a variety of different things. I’ve powered it down and power it back on again same thing happens. I’ve powered down and power back on again without anything connected to it, such as the co-axle or any ethernet cables. Same thing happens after it restarts about three or four maybe five minutes it starts blinking again.

it starts blinking again.

I’ve tried wiring it directly to my computer without anything else and try to use the administration futures to see if I can get into the box or the modem and I can’t. It seems like. has anybody ever had a problem with these four blinking ethernet ports and is there anything I can do to stop it from happening? I have done the reset multiple times and nothing seems to work. I’m stuck there and I believe that that’s the cause of me not being able to get on the Internet because I’m not able to get any communication on a. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 27 October 2022, 20:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello keith2002a,

In order to assist you better, we would like to ask you a couple of questions to have a better understanding:

Are the front LEDs blinking as well or are they solid ?

Did you try to reset your unit without coaxial cable?

We will be waiting for your responses.