Solved

Event Log errors

• 2 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am getting multiple errors 

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

along with periodic MTA PROV: Failed.

I have a T25 directly connected to cable from wall with SN: **** **** **** ****

Comcast has visited multiple times and says speed to the modem is 800+ The modem is connected to eero 6 gateway.  I am constantly getting connection interrupted on laptop and download speeds < 100. 

Are these messages related or is there any compatibility issues with eero or settings I need to change. 

(edit: CM-MAC information removed)

icon

Best answer by plemans 4 May 2023, 17:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Those errors tend to be line issues. 

But if xfinity has been out several times, they tend to start charging for line checks. 

So you’re a little stuck. The error tends to be line issues but it doesn’t totally rule out being a modem iissue. 

I’ve had to rent a modem before to prove it wasn’t the “third party device” causing the issues. 

Badge

On the last visit  comcast measures at the house and in the room at the cable from wall.  All seemed well.  On a call with Arris she mentioned ‘Cable Signal Level’ and Upstream QAM.  Back on the phone with comcast and he did not know what that meant.  He monitored while on the phone for 20-30 minutes and said signal was strong and steady.   Back to the drawing board or replace everything. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Problem with it is the signal can be fine for a while and then be have issues. That’s the purpose of the logs is to register issues over longer periods.