Solved

Downstream led Light Flashing (SB8200)

• 3 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

For seemingly no reason my SB8200’s DS light started flashing. There are no reported outages in my area, no cables have been moved, shifted or otherwise touched. I spoke with my ISP and they advised that my modem was not able to be detected. Any suggestions ?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 16 November 2023, 18:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Got a screensnip of the cable connections page? 

You can check your lines but usually it means something in the line isn’t connecting back to the ISP. 

They usually have to check it. 

Badge

I don’t have a screen shot, but I tried replacing all of the coax cables between the modem and the entry point to the house and nothing changed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

then you’re probably down to them having to check it (the isp)

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

We understand that one of the LED lights (Receive which is the downstream channel  ) is flashing shows that modem is not receiving proper cable signals from you’re Internet Service Provider(ISP) . Possibly  connect modem directly to a computer (either windows or Mac) , if not possible of not having a direct connection try connecting to Wi-Fi of the Router  and login.to GUI of the modem (192.168.100.1) and check the cable signals with the below link:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels

If the signals are not within the acceptable range contact you’re  Internet Service Provider(ISP) and do a Re-Provision if still the Receive light is flashing ask them to check the cable lines. 

Also check if all the other lights are solid green .