Skip to main content
Solved

Can't access Admin Portal!

• 10 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Unable to login in with default admin username and password. Keep getting Invalid user name or password, or your access has been locked due to multiple failed login attempts! I can admit, i went in a changed the names and passwords for the network and saved changes before changing the admin login credentials. Also, the router came with 4 connection options (2 standard and 2 5G- one for home and guest each). However, the site only allowed ne the option to change two and the other two are still available with the default names and default password.  Any suggestions to access and manage my router through the admin portal?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

so you were able to get in and change the login info? 

But now you can’t get in? 

Try a different web browser as well as make sure you’re not using any password managers. I’ve seen them overwrite a password before. 

Also they are sensitive to upper case/lower case and spaces. So keep that in mind. 

Worse case, you might have to factory reset back and start over. 

Badge

so you were able to get in and change the login info? 

But now you can’t get in? 

Try a different web browser as well as make sure you’re not using any password managers. I’ve seen them overwrite a password before. 

Also they are sensitive to upper case/lower case and spaces. So keep that in mind. 

Worse case, you might have to factory reset back and start over. 

How do I factory reset the device?

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

while powered on push and hold reset until the lights change. Usually under 30 seconds (15)

Badge

My router does not have a reset or any buttons for that matter. Any other suggestions?

Also, I was able to get in and change the network name and passwords from the default but not the login credentials. Also, once there, it only offered me two options; one for standard and one for 5g to change. The other two never presented as an option and can still be accessed from the default credentials. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

what router do you have?

If you can get back in, you don’t need to reset. You just need to figure out how to change the guest network settings or disable them if you prefer

Badge

That’s the issue, I can’t get back in to change them.  I never changed the login credentials themselves as it was not presented as an option immediately as the name change option for the network was. 

Make and Model: Arris Surfboard SBG8300

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

On the back of the router, above the ethernet ports is a little hole. Its got a button inside it to reset. 

That’s how you reset it. 

The manual for your router is here: 

https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/ConsumerProductDetail?p=a0h0c00000P1guoAAB&c=SURFboard%20Gateways

It goes over setting up the guest network and making changes. 

Badge

thank you @plemans !😁 that worked 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Glad it worked for you!