Skip to main content
Question

Device not connecting on SBG8300

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have an SBG8300. The 2.4 and 5 G bands have been separated. I have 15 smart home devices connected to the 2.4, most of which work just fine (the ones that don’t are FEIT bulbs and outlets, which I have been told is a FEIT app problem. These problem devices randomly show offline). I recently bought a new device (a grill/smoker) but despite there being a full 5 signal bars, it won’t connect (it also requires the 2.4). The smoker will connect to my phone via hotspot, so the smoker manufacturer states it’s an issue with the router. But what that could be is anyone’s guess. So, anyone have a guess on what the problem could be? Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case you can try changing security mode for the 2.4 network and then check on the device for the same network to connect. Login to the modem GUI 

Select Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi > Edit 2.4 GHz > click on the security mode drop down arrow and select > WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) > Save

Then power cycle the device nad alo the modem for a minute then check for the 2.4 network to connect.

Badge

Didn’t help

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

After changing the security mode, if the problem persists, I suggest changing the Wi-Fi channels on 2.4 GHz and trying again to connect the devices.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel